Monday, 19 May 2014

Courgette Gazpacho with avocado, radish and lime salsa



I don't mean to jinx it, but look at the lovely weather! All day I've been craving a cool gazpacho, but with a twist (and by twist, I mean I have no tomatoes left in the fridge!). 


I made this gazpacho in 10 minutes, then let it cool for 30 minutes before serving. That's about as much time as I want to spend in the kitchen today! 

Gazpacho gets a bad name. Cold soup, really? I hear you cry! Give this chilled delight a go. It has an unexpected kick of chilli and a background of fresh herbs. Top with avocado, radish and lime salsa for full flavour and texture. Must be eaten outdoors in the sun. 

Ingredients 
For the gazpacho:
3 courgettes, chopped roughly 
1 red chilli, seeds removed, sliced roughly 
1 litre hot vegetable stock 
Handful fresh basil leaves 
Handful fresh coriander leaves 
Generous pinch of sea salt 

For the salsa: 
1 avocado, chopped finely 
4 radishes, chopped finely 
1 spring onion, chopped finely 
Handful of fresh coriander, roughly torn 
Juice of 1/2 lime 
Pinch of sea salt 

Method
1`. In a large pan, add the courgette, chilli and vegetable stock and cook over a medium heat for 8 minutes until the courgette has softened. Add the basil leaves and coriander leaves and cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir through the sea salt. Blend until smooth (I used a hand blender). Chill for 30 minutes. 
2. To make the salsa, combine the avocado, radishes, spring onion and coriander in a bowl. Squeeze over the lime juice and sprinkle with sea salt. 
3. Serve the gazpacho cold in chilled bowls, with a generous helping of salsa. 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment