Monday, 23 February 2015

Superfood Week- Antioxidant Berry Smoothie with Acai


As you know, I like to keep my food simple, using honest whole foods and ingredients sourced seasonally whenever I can. I've dabbled for a while with superfoods added to smoothies, juices and baking to give extra nutritional value and I'm looking forward to sharing some recipes with you this week. 

I'm sure I'm not alone in admitting that it's hard to know where to start with choosing and using superfoods. So when the lovely people at Kaizen Living asked me to develop some recipes, I was delighted to get creative with some of the most nutritional products on the market. Kaizen Living's full range of products is 100% organic, vegan and premium grade, ensuring you get the purest product. 

Today, I've used Acai in this fruity and fresh Berry Smoothie. Acai is a berry which is high in antioxidants and essential fatty acids. Kaizen Living Acai has been freeze dried straight after harvest to preserve it's nutritional qualities and ground into a powder, making it easy to use every day. I've teamed the Acai with lots of berries and hydrating coconut water, making it the perfect start to your day. 

Here's the video demonstration: 


Serves 2

Ingredients 
Handful of blueberries
Handful of strawberries 
Handful of raspberries 
Handful of blackberries
1 banana 
150ml coconut water 
1 tbsp coconut oil 
1 tsp Kaizen Living Acai Powder 

Method
1. Place all of the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until completely smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Katy,

    Really great post - it's definitely worth finding recipes such as this so as to start using superfoods, and that smoothie really does look yummy.

    Besma (http://www.curiouslyconscious.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Besma! Hope you enjoy all the superfood posts this week :) x

      Delete