Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Superfood Week- Key Lime Pie Smoothie with Barleygrass


Key Lime Pie. My three favourite words. Although I'd love to indulge in the dreamy dessert daily, my hips don't lie, so I've created a healthy smoothie with all the same creamy zestyness. Well it is breakfast after all. 

I'm a big advocate of the 80:20 rule, eating healthily 80% of the time and what I fancy 20% of the time. For me a big part of eating well is having a good breakfast to kick-start the day. It also needs to be fast and I find throwing a few ingredients into a blender is one of the quickest breakfasts to prepare. 

Today, I've added Kaizen Living Organic Barleygrass, with it's luscious green hues and subtle zesty flavour, it's the perfect superfood for this smoothie. Barleygrass is rich in essential B vitamins and immunity-boosting micronutrients. This superfood is really easy to incorporate in your diet, as it's fresh and mild flavour doesn't overpower. 

Here's the video demonstration: 


Serves 2 

Ingredients 
Zest and juice of 2 unwaxed limes
200ml almond milk 
1 banana 
Handful of spinach 
1 tbsp Provamel Zero-Sugar yoghurt 
1 avocado 
1 tsp Kaizen Living Organic Barleygrass Powder 

Method
1. Place all of the ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend on high until silky smooth. Drink immediately for the zestiest smoothie. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Katy,

    Just watched the video - great demonstration, I love the little tip about the avocado being ripe and also how much calcium there is in barleygrass. Definitely going to pick up the ingredients for this next time I'm doing my groceries!

    Besma (http://www.curiouslyconscious.com)

    ReplyDelete